*Last updated: July 26, 2022
Apologies! My review requests are full at this time, and I am unable to take on any more books. Please check back later in the year for more openings.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, and for considering me to review your book!
Please note that I do this as a hobby. I am not a professional reviewer. The reviews I share are my honest thoughts on the books I read - what I liked, and what I didn't like. I do not accept or receive monetary compensation for book reviews (more on this below).
I am NOT able to accept all review requests. There are multiple reasons for this:
- The book doesn't seem like something I would be interested in reading. I try to only accept books for review that I feel I will enjoy. While I might read the book in the future, I would rather an author give an advance copy of a book to someone who is excited and eager to read it and not have it collecting dust on my shelf or in my Kindle.
- I don't have time to read and review the book in the given timeline. If I don't think I can read the book and write a thorough and thoughtful review in the required timeframe, I will be upfront about that and most likely decline the request.
WHAT DO I READ?
If you want to get a good idea of what books I read, please check out my Goodreads page or look at the reviews that are featured on this blog. In general, my favorite reads fall in the category of...
- werewolves, vampires, and other supernatural creatures
- science fiction
- dystopian novels
- magical realism
- coming of age stories
- young adult or middle-grade stories
If your books fall outside of the above genres, I am probably not your target audience. I do occasionally accept some books falling outside of those genres on a case-by-case basis. However, I do NOT accept requests for erotica, poetry, non-fiction, horror, thrillers, or religious fiction. I also do not accept requests for reviews of memoirs or autobiographies. It would feel strange to me to review a book about someone's life when I would be corresponding directly with the author/subject.
DO NOT FINISH POLICY
I reserve the right to not finish an ARC or review copy (I will give an explanation as to why I am unable to finish it). I also reserve the right to not post a review if I do not feel comfortable doing so.
All of my reviews are my honest opinion. By sending a book for me to review, you acknowledge that the review may be negative (but still respectful). Any criticisms included in my review would be directed towards the content of the book, and not the author or the publisher. I will automatically post any reviews of 3 stars or above on my blog and other pages.
If you've read the review policy and still consider me a good fit to review your book, please fill out this google form (CLICK HERE). Please note - this is the ONLY way I am accepting review requests. Unsolicited review requests sent to my email or my DMs (instead of using the Google Form) will not be considered for review and will be deleted.
At this time, I am unable to guarantee review posts on Amazon. I do not want to risk my review privileges being revoked, and I refuse to do anything that would violate their terms and conditions.
- I will not guarantee certain ratings
- I cannot guarantee certain timelines on review posting (Amazon varies wildly in how long they take to approve reviews - sometimes they take a week, other times they are up in less than a day)
- I do not accept compensation for reviews (this includes gift cards, money, anything "quid quo pro"...)
I'm happy to help with the promotion of books via promotional posts and book tours. Some of the promo posts I've done include:
- Cover Reveals
- Book Spotlights and Review Blitzes
- Guest Posts
- Virtual Blog (and Bookstagram) Tours
Please read the rest of my review policy and take a look at my preferred genres to see if my blog would be a good fit to help with the promotion of your book. If you would like to arrange some type of promotional post (not involving a review), please reach out to me at my email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster responses, include PROMO in the subject line of your email. Please note that at this time I am charging a small fee per unsolicited promo post ($5 USD) to help cover the costs of running my blog. This does not affect review requests I agree to, which will remain free (outside of providing me with a complimentary review copy). Thank you for your understanding!
If you're a fan of the work I'm doing with my blog and would like to help me keep things running, please consider a small donation via my Ko-Fi page. Your support is very much appreciated!
Some of the books featured on the blog are from my personal shelf (books I personally bought, books I was loaned, or books I borrowed from the library). Other books I received directly from authors, publishers, publicists, or other third-party platforms like NetGalley. I have done my best to state the source for each book in the review - if the source is missing please let me know and I will update the review accordingly.
I am registered with/featured by...
For more tips and tricks on how to ask a book blogger for a review, please check out these resources and links. One of my biggest tips: include the blogger's name and/or the name of the blog in the email greeting! It shows that you did some research when looking for blogs, instead of just mass-emailing multiple people.
- Amelia's Writing Workshop: How to Approach Book Bloggers for Reviews
- Novel Publicity: How to Get Bloggers to Review Your Book
- Melanie Rockett: How to Ask Bloggers for Reviews - The RIGHT Way!
- ProWriting Aid: How to Reach Out to Book Bloggers and Book Influencers to Promote Your Book
- Fix My Story: How to Find Bloggers Who Want to Review Your Book